The UK's independent property information site

Go Back   Home Move: property forum > Property Forums > Home Improvement

Home Improvement Redecorating and improving property either after buying, or ready to sell.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Property Forums

Default Re: bathroom redecoration

Yea go for white tiles then you can build from there anyway you want....a good start is white tiles, new silver taps and replacement white sink/toilet sealent.
Old 20-12-2012, 07:20 AM

Choosing a light color such as apple green can give your bathroom a fresher look. Victory or tile textured designs from the floor to the walls are great as well. If your bathroom has enough space, you can even put a human-sized mirror.

You may also add a medium-sized cabinet for your towels and other bathroom cleaners or you can put some of your perfumes and other beauty products. A well-organized cabinet looks more spacious in my opinion.

The last thing is, why not decorate your own curtain that will match the color of your tiles? These additional accessories can give your bathroom a much livelier atmosphere.
Old 16-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Property Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by romain851 View Post
any suggestions of a quick and easy bathroom makeover? diy sos style? but with a better finish?? i dont really want to rip out the bath and start from scrath but i hate it in there!!
It is in the matter of your choice of colors, right quality and style of tiles. You can also add some shower curtains to separate your tub and shower. You can also relocate your mirror in your bathroom (if you have some) to make it look something new in the eyes.
Old 22-02-2013, 01:30 PM

Some nice responses here - reminds me I need to get round to my bathroom!

Choose a light colour, matching tiles and matching furniture. Matching stuff will go a long way to making sure it looks clean and professional.

Invest in lighting like dmasf pointed out - nicely angled lamps etc. will make thinks look cosy as I'm sure you don't need me to tell you!

Also unless you're going retro - make sure you get a good bath sideboard

Good luck!

J
Old 10-07-2013, 01:35 PM
Property Forums

Of course you can use tiles but I will suggest you to use shelves as bathroom is a small and the most functional room so it is difficult to put and manage items. But by shelves you can place items on it and thus much of the space will be utilized and it also looks good.
Old 19-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Property Forums

Bathroom is one of the most important places in every home and it is one place which if the renovation has done correctly will add value to home. Bathroom renovation includes changing your floor tiles to redoing everything including the faucets. Hence be careful while selecting tiles, faucets, sinks, bathtubs and showers.
Old 26-08-2013, 07:42 AM
Property Forums

Everyone wants to get beautiful house or wants to renovate own house according to modern and trendy ways.Bathroom is the important part of every house which indicate whole house decoration, There are many thing which need redecoration like, Floors and tiles and basins..
Old 13-09-2013, 06:33 AM
Property Forums

It is according to your taste what you like. As in my bathroom, I use light colour tiles to brighten this space, so I will suggest you to use tiles. With this, you can also use some furniture to make your bathroom beautiful.
Old 28-10-2013, 12:18 PM

It mainly depends on person taste and choice and there are so many things that you can sue for your bathroom makeover. I think the first thing that one have to do is to paint bathroom with perfect colour and then there are various other things like tiles, lighting, curtains and many other decor things.
Old 26-05-2015, 07:02 AM

Because bathrooms are smaller than kitchens, they are a good place to start if you are worried about not being able to afford to remodel both areas. Walk through the bathrooms and determine which upgrades will increase the value the most, and then price out your options.