The UK's independent property information site

Go Back   Home Move: property forum > Property Forums > Home Improvement

Home Improvement Redecorating and improving property either after buying, or ready to sell.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2011, 03:26 PM

Default bathroom redecoration

any suggestions of a quick and easy bathroom makeover? diy sos style? but with a better finish?? i dont really want to rip out the bath and start from scrath but i hate it in there!!
Old 13-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Property Forums

Default Re: bathroom redecoration

I personally like to tile both the walls and floors in a bathroom, it looks great (with nice tiles) and is easy to keep clean. Could maybe change the side panel on the Bath if you don't like it?
Old 21-02-2011, 10:11 PM

Well it comes down to your individual taste, but i would keep it simple (white and plain) White tiles are cheap. I would also put in a vanity unit and toilet, which i think looks good and has draws to remove all the clutter that builds up in a bathroom.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:55 AM

Hi, i'm not an expert in bathroom's decoration but i usualy buy all my bath's needs from Screwfix they have everything you are looking!!
Old 22-12-2011, 01:46 PM

Just make sure that you are choosing the right tiles, colors and lighting combination to make your bathroom beautiful as well as attractive.
Old 27-12-2011, 01:34 PM

If you go for white tiles you can buy whatever accesories you like and you can change them whenever you get bored.
Old 13-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Property Forums

If you are sticking with the suite, make sure that your decoration, tiling and window covering (blinds, screen, curtains) complement it. Personally I would say the bathroom suite makes the biggest difference to a room, but if time and budget are against you then I would say look at the following:

Make sure your furniture matches. Fitted furniture if you are going modern and want to maximise space, free standing for more traditional and where space isn't an issue.

Position the mirror so it reflects the features you want and is usable. I know you may have to compromise because they're usually over a basin, but you still control the mirror dimensions.

If you have a small bathroom, keep your decoration as similar as possible to maximise the space. Use either large or small tiles, don't go for an in-between size. Make sure the wall is covered in the same covering throughout and there are no lines that distract or draw the eye.

Tiling looks clean and gives a nice finish, but using too much of the same one can look sterile and throw your eyes. Try something with a slight texture/pattern or add in lines of a different tile.
Old 18-01-2012, 10:00 AM

Cute bath curtains, towels and soft bath carpet in the same colours can change the style of your bathroom.
Old 25-01-2012, 10:14 AM

I will suggest you a tiled bathroom and its color should be light, it could be white, pink, off-white, sky blue etc because your kitchen and bathroom can tell a lot about your personality.
Old 26-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Property Forums

I used tiles from B&Q that were actually very nice. Then I had a MASSIVE custom Mirror made for 80. The bathroom is beautiful. I would post a picture but I don't have enough posts.