The UK's independent property information site

Go Back   Home Move: property forum > Property Forums > Builders and Developments

Builders and Developments Discussions, info, and help about house builders, property developers, and building development.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2016, 09:39 PM

Angry Bovis Homes

We've had nothing but trouble since we bought our Bovis Homes property 12 months ago in Feb 2016, we're now at our whits end as they are refusing to fix our remaining snags, what do we do? Here's a summary...

• 12 months after we moved in there are over 80 items on our snag list STILL REMAINING (there were 400 originally) and Bovis are REFUSING to rectify any more. Despite all these issues, they in their words ‘Have spent enough money trying to rectify our house and we are not having anything more out of them’. All we want is a house to the agreed contractual standard we paid for!!
• We’ve had numerous broken promises and they are not honest, no one at Bovis has been remotely helpful, we have had to constantly chase and fight over the last 12 months to get any of the work done.
• Bovis lost our keys in April 2015, they were mislaid in the site office and they refused to change our locks until we didn’t let this drop, they changed 2 locks (incorrectly) in November 2015. It’s Feb 2016 now and we are still waiting for one lock to be changed. Anyone could have our keys and gain access to our house!
• They have no consideration or care for disabled people, my brother is in a wheelchair and cannot gain access to the property, because 12 months after the site was complete the pavements are roads are not tarmacked and there’s raised man hole covers. We have informed them but nothing has been done
• All they have been bothered about is getting our money from us and have left us to deal with everything else. We’ve had to supervise and organise any work done by contractors and tradesmen, acting as project managers for Bovis
• This whole nightmare has been so stressful and a huge inconvenience, costing us hours and hours of our time and days off work but Bovis refuse to pay us any kind of compensation or even now acknowledge we have been poorly treated. Completely unacceptable as this is one of the biggest purchases you’ll probably make.

I wish I could say something positive about my experience of buying with BOVIS HOMES but unfortunately I really cannot. It’s not just us that have had these problems either our neighbours have had very similar issues.

I really don't know what to do, does anyone know where I stand and what I can do?

Thanks for your help

Tags
bovis, bovis homes, defects, issues, snags