The UK's independent property information site

Go Back   Home Move: property forum > Property Forums > Builders and Developments

Builders and Developments Discussions, info, and help about house builders, property developers, and building development.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Property Forums

Default Cheap Supplies

Hello,

Just a quick one, a customer of mine recently told me about a group called Less2Build who do cheap brand building supplies, who they had heard of them from a plumbing friend.

I just wondered if anybody in these forums had any experience of the Less2 group and if they would recommend them? Obviously my living and reputation is based on the quality of work I produce, which in turn requires good quality materials so I would need them to be up to standard. That said if I can save some then I'm well up for that too!

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated,

Cheers - Matt.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Cheap Supplies

Hi Matt,

I'd guess they're on the verge of bankruptcy and totally devoid of integrity if they're relying on pathetically transparent spam like yours to drum up business.

How many sock puppet accounts have you set up over the last few days to post the same phoney question?

I'd suggest HomeMove members do a quick Google for "a customer of mine recently told me about a group called Less2Build" in quotes to see the list of forums you've spammed.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:40 PM

....and the answer is, "several".

I'd never heard of Less2Build before. I have now!
Old 18-10-2012, 07:04 AM

Thanks Spam Hunter I just googled it and none of the online users have ever heard of Less2build.
And I also looked at the site its a decent one but I think they need a crash course with marketing strategies, atleast for now.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:18 PM

Hi,

Read your comments and would like share my own experience. Nowadays there are lots of companies who are trying compete by lower price. Low price shouldn't be main reason to make a choice who will build your house because there are a lot of factors to manipulate the price by materials. If client is not specific and very detailed, difference in house price for construction can be 10.000-20.000 euros. Some companies will offer PVC white windows, others will include laminated wood triple glassing and so on...
And even the price is clear and lower than others, client should get recommendation from previous clients how past project was managed. This is maybe even more important than a few hundred euros because construction process can become big pain.

Best regards,
Vaida
Old 27-08-2013, 08:58 AM

You don't want a merchant to go bust whist holding your deposit so always pay by credit card.
If you can buy branded materials cheaper from one firm than a large merchant like Travis Perkins whats the harm? - you are getting the same materials for less.

Most large merchants will also give trade account discounts of up to 40% especially if you pay the invoices promptly.
Old 24-11-2014, 01:16 PM
Property Forums

Is there anything about them on - line? Maybe there will be someting more about them. If there will be nothing -it can be suspicious.