The UK's independent property information site

Go Back   Home Move: property forum > Property Forums > Property Prices

Property Prices Discussions on general property prices and property inflation in the UK.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-04-2009, 04:56 PM

i'd like the link to the postcode driven one too if poss? thx
Old 19-04-2009, 09:58 AM

As has been said before, many sites offer house price data... I tend to use right move. This will do it by postcode or part postcode. UK's number one property website for properties for sale and to rent

I have noticed that the data is the same for most sites. (i.e. it seems the land registry only release the data at specific times and all the sites seem to have the same data at the same time)
Old 25-04-2009, 11:34 PM

I've found a website , you can win 250,000 to buy a house. Might be worth a try, there is no way I'll get a 25% deposit together which is what the bank wants.
Old 28-05-2009, 04:42 PM

Buying a property low then fixing it and selling higher is the right way to go in my opinion. look for those properties nearing foreclosure in reasonably priced locations.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:46 PM

Default houses cheapest in job loss zones?

At the age of 50, I quit my dayjob, and in order to free up the maximum amount of capital I could, I sold my house in south Warwickshire and looked all over England and Wales to find where the cheapest houses were. At the time, the cheapest two areas were ex-mining areas of the north-east Midlands (eg, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire) and south Wales.

That was a decade ago. I guess that areas of greatest recent job losses will always be among the ones with lowest price houses.
Old 15-06-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by datch123 View Post
I've found a website , you can win 250,000 to buy a house. Might be worth a try, there is no way I'll get a 25% deposit together which is what the bank wants.
Is that one of those raffle competitions where you pay 20 for a ticket. I've always been a bit sceptical about those competitions. Was it for a house in the UK
Old 15-06-2010, 05:38 AM

Default Re: Cheapest Areas in UK for property prices

Before you ask for cheap property just decide the place as every place determine the price of the property.
Old 16-06-2010, 12:19 PM

Hello, I am an investor with a portofolio of properties in excess of 1 million I have made most of this moeny by investing in property in the Crewe and Stoke on Trent areas, you can get a bargain there nowadays and the rental income is probrally on a par with properties in Birmingham, e mail me if you need further info.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:19 PM

Liverpool is very cheap. Prices are actually going down as well, 5.3% change this year so far!
Old 29-07-2010, 12:53 PM

Back to the original thread, you can use a company called Demographics Now to work out the average house price in an area and it will do it by post code. It's not cheap though, if you're using it for a business purpose then it might be worth the money (1k for what my company use it for).

If you are looking to buy to let then I know a friend of mine went through the process of working out the highest rent to house cost and he bought in Wales and Mansfield of all places. Hope that helps.