The UK's independent property information site

Go Back   Home Move: property forum > Property Forums > Builders and Developments

Builders and Developments Discussions, info, and help about house builders, property developers, and building development.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2014, 07:22 PM

Default David Wilson Homes

Hi I am thinking about buying a David Wilson home. I have been in talks trying to get money off for 3 weeks now. The house is on the market for 320k. I have tried really hard starting very low but they wouldn't consider anything under 300k. Anyway after being told that 300k is a no deal after I offered that, they then phoned me some 2 weeks later saying they would consider 300k with flooring. I wanted tiled kitchen and bathroom sadly they wont bend that far. I now have been offered the house at 297k and I sort my own flooring out. Just wondered if anyone has any feed back for me from experience. Any help of a better deal or how to play very welcomed. My house is under offer and the new build is not ready till june/july. I will have to go into rented short term to keep my buyer happy.
Old 19-01-2015, 07:33 AM

Default Re: David Wilson Homes

I am not surprised!
With Help to Buy they don't need to do deals to get sales.
In addition, it is only when buying a stock unit near the builders year-end that a deal could be done. Mind you your house is due to be finished at their year end so you could refuse to complete until August unless you get an incentive.

Most sales used to have 3% "negotiables" to give away for a sales but now they don't have to.