The UK's independent property information site

Go Back   Home Move: property forum > Property Forums > Solicitors and Legal

Solicitors and Legal Legal issues and fees about buying/selling a property.

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 13-05-2016, 05:12 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1
Question Extending property with no Planning Permission/Building regs for existingextension


We are in the process of buying a property and the property has an extension but no documents related to planning permission (PP) or Building controls (BC). The property is built late 60's and current extension is carried out during early 80's. I understand from other forums that the we could go with indemnity insurance to get cover for any queries from local council.

My concern is what are the implications if I have to apply for PP/BC in future? Would there be any questions raised on the existing extension which is missing the documents? I am sure I have plans to get few things done on the property which needs the permission to be applied for.

Any expert advises and experiences shared would be of great help to us.

Thanks and regards,
Reply With Quote

extension, missing documents, planning permission

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Property Boards
Buying Property Selling Property Estate Agents Solicitors & Legal Builders & Developments
Property Development Home Improvements Buying Property Abroad

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Important Notice: does not provide professional advice on any aspect of buying, selling, developing or investing property. All posts are provided as lay opinions and not personal professional guidance. You should always seek a qualified professional for professional advice in relation to your personal circumstances. The forums are not monitored, and the site administrators cannot be held liable for the content of the forum. If you have any objection to any post on the forums, please either use the Report Post feature, or else Contact Us to ensure such content is properly dealt with. We are not responsible for third party links on the site.