The UK's independent property information site

Go Back   Home Move: property forum > Property Forums > Home Improvement

Home Improvement Redecorating and improving property either after buying, or ready to sell.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2014, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Gas or Electric Cooker?

Go for gas cooker, its very efficient and cheap. But always follow the safety precaution. never left it unattended.
Old 19-11-2014, 09:25 AM

I suppose both gas and electricity have pluses and minuses...
I prefer electric cooker, 'cause I have bad experience with a gas one.... But that's just my opinion..
May be the best solution is to have both I think I've seen cookers that can work on gas or electricity in the same time.
Old 30-12-2014, 01:21 PM

Electric Cooker is the best
Old 04-01-2015, 11:49 PM

I prefer electric Cooker, it electric is faster and easier to use.
Old 14-01-2015, 03:57 AM

I've no idea which is cheaper to run - but I do know we have always had gas cookers - then we moved house and this one is electric (fan assisted) and I hate it - the temp isn't accurate and it burns everything if you cook it for the time required (including reducing the time as its fan assisted) I never had this problem with gas cookers.
we had a chap come out to quote for cleaning it and he said theirs is the same and they checked the temp with an oven thermometer and its about 10 degrees too hot all the time....

If I had the choice I would NEVER have electric again.....
Old 14-01-2015, 04:19 AM

Gas is the quickest. Depends on what you mean by electric as in Hong Kong we
have the electric rings that heat up in seconds and cool off pretty quickly. They also shut down quickly if there is no pan on the hob so there is no danger of leaving the hob on all night

Ged
Old 18-01-2015, 07:48 PM

This is a sensitive subject for me. We have an electric cooker at home. I am constantly battling that thing, because it never hits the right temperature. Six (the maximum level) is too high to cook anything with, while 5 or 4 are not hot enough sometimes. I have to put it on six and then switch it to a lower volume to get the right temperature. Of course, I'm not saying all electric cookers are messed up like ours. Though you probably have to invest a good deal of money for a more functional one. However, gas for me, is the obvious choice. You see what you get. You control the temperature easily, not by already designated levels which you don't know the values of. It's cheaper and easier. However, I have this irrational fear of lighting gas stuff, soo that's another downside for me. Haha.
Anyways, making your own pro-con list serves best for these kinds of dilemmas.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:15 AM

Personally, I would recommend an electric one. The only reason is safety but I think it's important enough.

Last edited by lydiahopkins; 07-01-2016 at 08:17 AM. Reason: a spelling error
Old 10-02-2016, 02:54 PM

I advice you to buy an induction cooker. It heats pretty fast and is far much safer than any other cooker type.