The UK's independent property information site

Go Back   Home Move: property forum > Property Forums > Buying Property

Buying Property Discussions about buying a house, such as flats, detached homes, and other housing.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2017, 11:27 PM

Default Ghost gazumping

Hi
I have sold my house, found another house to hut; it was marketed at offers over 75k, I intitially offered 75,050, the offer was accepted.
Then, following a homebuyers survey, the house requiring some work, i.e.) damp etc, I renegotiated the price to 73500.
All was going so well, then -
I lost my buyer two weeks before end of completion, I was gutted.
My solicitor didn't inform the vendors solicitor of a change in things just in case I got a new buyer fast. Strangely enough I did, within four days another buyer had made me an offer on my house.
All was going well again, my new buyers were first time buyers, great.
Then- the vendors from the house I was buying become they want to up the price back to 75k, I was gutted as I'm a single mum on a part time wage, trying to do the right thing, anyway, I said no, I wasn't allowing an increase as they'd verbally accepted 73500.
The vendors then quietly simmer down for two weeks, I hear nothing; then now I am due to complete my sale and purchase a week this Wednesday when- yes they up the price again! This time no exact figure! Just saying they want more!
Now my issue is this-
The estate agent of the vendors of the house I'm buying showed me and my parents around the property again this morning, as I wanted a last look at it before I was due to sign my side of the contracts, these estate agents were exactly aware I was going to sign today, yet during the house viewing never told me that the vendors were asking them to contact me regarding upping the price again!
So me being unaware, signed my side of the contracts, then I ring these estate agents up on another unrelated matter and it's at that point they tell me that the vendors are asking for more money.
I feel really done, like cheated, as they stood in the house this morning with me and my parents, thirty minutes, never uttered one word about price increases, yet they'd known since last Saturday and never told me, and as the buyer I feel really done!
This feels bad practice to me! I'm angry that they said nothing until I rang them myself this afternoon, they knew I was signing today, they knew why I was viewing the house again, and never said a word!
Any advice please?
My completion date is 1st Feb and the vendors are trying to hold me over a barrel for the second time re money.
I literally have no cash to hand over to increase the offer.

Tags
buying, gazumping, gazundering, vendor changing mind, vendors