The UK's independent property information site

Go Back   Home Move: property forum > Property Forums > Selling Property

Selling Property Discussions about selling a house, flat, or other home and dwelling.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2013, 11:14 PM

Unhappy Helping my mother sell her property

Hi,
My name is Richie and I have a bit of a story to tell about my mothers attempts at selling her house.

So she still lives in the family house with 4 bedrooms, only one of which is in use (for herself).
The house is large and she now lives on her own (following the passing of my father a few years back and me and my brother moving out to university). She is a 63 year old pensioner and physically cannot afford to live in this large house any longer.
The house has been on the market for around 4 years now, it is for sale as a business property as it currently runs as a small gift shop (with the rest of the house connected behind this).
She physically cannot afford to live here any longer, the bills the house creates are far too large for her and I honestly have no idea how she affords to pay them, I can only imagine the amount of debt she is in from this.

We have tried a various amount of estate agents and receive limited spiking interest from this. However she needs to get out, the bills are causing great stress to her causing her to be unwell. I am genuinely extremely worried for her health now as she is looking worse and worse every time I see her.

I really want to help her in selling the house as I know once she has sold it she will be the person I know her to be again and will be able to actually live the last remaining years of her life to the fullest.
I am writing to ask for advice on what to do in this situation, how can I help her sell this house? What can I do? Is there any assistance out there?
I'm asking for help really I guess, literally any advice or anything would be great.

Thanks,
Richie
Old 18-09-2013, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Helping my mother sell her property

I am sorry to hear of your predicament. Without more information on area, house condition etc it is difficult to give advice but my first assumption would be that price is an issue.
I would suggest doing your finances and working out the least you can afford to take and pricing it accordingly.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:35 PM

Without more information on area, house condition etc it is difficult to give advice...
Old 27-02-2014, 04:27 PM

You should share some info with us. PHotos, location or any thing.

Tags
debt, development, housing, selling