The UK's independent property information site

Go Back   Home Move: property forum > Property Forums > Solicitors and Legal

Solicitors and Legal Legal issues and fees about buying/selling a property.

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 27-08-2017, 05:32 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1
Default House transfer fees questions

Hello all,
We have a some what unique situation, my mum was diagnosed with early onset dementia, her partner who lived next door to her moved into mums house and myself and wife moved into his house so that we could help look after her, (he did up his house for us and we live there as if our own) now when something happens to mum her house goes to us (neither house has a mortgage or anything secured on them) and are semi detached worth about 70-80k at that time we want to just swap house deeds he continues to live there and own it we take ownership of this one.

(why we do not want to just move to the house is two fold 1)her Partners emotional attachment to mums house 2)my Wife is disabled and in preparing for moving down to help look after mum we had a stair lift and other disabled changes made)
We are in England what costs if any will we incur ?

Thank you for any advice you can give on this.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Property Boards
Buying Property Selling Property Estate Agents Solicitors & Legal Builders & Developments
Property Development Home Improvements Buying Property Abroad

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Important Notice: does not provide professional advice on any aspect of buying, selling, developing or investing property. All posts are provided as lay opinions and not personal professional guidance. You should always seek a qualified professional for professional advice in relation to your personal circumstances. The forums are not monitored, and the site administrators cannot be held liable for the content of the forum. If you have any objection to any post on the forums, please either use the Report Post feature, or else Contact Us to ensure such content is properly dealt with. We are not responsible for third party links on the site.