The UK's independent property information site

Go Back   Home Move: property forum > Property Forums > Selling Property

Selling Property Discussions about selling a house, flat, or other home and dwelling.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2011, 09:58 PM

Default How to save 50% on your stamp duty

This is not a scam, this is 100% genuine. My close friend (a very successful property lawyer) has found a loop hole where sellers are able to save up to 50% of stamp duty. If your interested please PM me your name and phone number, as subject please put STAMP DUTY -

I will get back to you ASAP with more details and hopefully save you thousands!
Old 20-07-2011, 12:05 AM

Default Re: How to save 50% on your stamp duty

Sellers don't pay stamp duty, buyers do.

So saving 50% of zero doesn't amount to much.

www.thomasdobner.co.uk
Old 20-07-2011, 12:26 AM

Sellers generally tend to buy another property once theirs is sold
Old 20-07-2011, 11:14 AM

"Sellers generally tend to buy another property once theirs is sold"....

....which makes the seller a buyer, exactly as IFA pointed out. The whole business of assessing and collecting stamp tax was thoroughly overhauled in 2003, precisely because buyers were being creative with purchase prices to evade or reduce their liability for stamp tax. HMRC requires considerably more detailed information these days to assure itself that the correct level of stamp duty is being paid. Two points to consider:

1. I certainly wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of HMRC. I like a quiet conscience and a good night's sleep.
2. If something sounds too good to be true - well, you know the rest of the saying.
Old 20-07-2011, 12:14 PM

I understand what you saying but this isn't scamming the HMRC its just pointing out an error of theirs and taking advantage of it.. exactly like what they would do to you! This service is 100% legitimate and legal, if anyone is interest in saving ALOT of money, please contact.
Old 20-07-2011, 11:09 PM

Why not just share it?

If you're willing to tell us on the phone why not post the info here and get it over with?

You only need to tell one person who posts the details on Facebook, Twitter or the like and the whole world will know within minutes anyway so the secret will soon be out (if it genuinely exists that is).

www.thomasdobner.co.uk
Old 20-07-2011, 11:56 PM

Because I'm selling my services. I will get you the 50% off for a small fee on completion! If you want to save.. then send me your contact details.. if not.. then dont!
Old 21-07-2011, 09:45 AM

There are, of course, three threads running now along these lines and it is interesting to note that, according to Toby Marks, his "loophole" is not the same as the other chap's "loophole". You have to give him full marks for persistence though.

Ask yourself this. Would you hand over your contact details to anyone who starts off by saying "This is not a scam"? Well, would you???
Old 21-07-2011, 10:23 AM

Details!?!? Im asking for a phone number! I will explain the loop hole to you and if you dont agree, you can hang up!
Old 21-07-2011, 03:22 PM

New Stamp Duty saving soon to be passed for multiple purchases of residential property. Click on the link to find out how to save on stamp duty - free to anyone

Tags
duty, legal, property, selling, stamp