The UK's independent property information site

Go Back   Home Move: property forum > Property Forums > Renting Property

Renting Property Buy-to-let, Landlord discussion, Tenant issues and Q&A.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Live in Landlord - Building Insurance

I am currently in the process of buying a property which I will be living in but where I will be renting one or two of the rooms out. I need a quote for building insurance for the mortgage. I went ahead thinking I would need Landlord's insurance but the first company I tried are saying that Landlord's Insurance will be invalid if I live there and that I need to get normal building insurance from a company that will allow me to rent rooms out. Is this true?

If so any hints/tips of who will allow this at a good price?

Thanks!
Old 14-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Administrator

If it's building's insurance alone you're looking for, then this may work out cheaper for you - it's worth asking an insurance broker about this, because if there are any special conditions for live in landlords, I'm sure they'll be able to properly advise on options.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but welcome to Home Move.