The UK's independent property information site

Go Back   Home Move: property forum > Property Forums > Renting Property

Renting Property Buy-to-let, Landlord discussion, Tenant issues and Q&A.

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1
Default Live in Landlord - Building Insurance

I am currently in the process of buying a property which I will be living in but where I will be renting one or two of the rooms out. I need a quote for building insurance for the mortgage. I went ahead thinking I would need Landlord's insurance but the first company I tried are saying that Landlord's Insurance will be invalid if I live there and that I need to get normal building insurance from a company that will allow me to rent rooms out. Is this true?

If so any hints/tips of who will allow this at a good price?

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 14-12-2007, 07:16 PM
brian's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,292

If it's building's insurance alone you're looking for, then this may work out cheaper for you - it's worth asking an insurance broker about this, because if there are any special conditions for live in landlords, I'm sure they'll be able to properly advise on options.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but welcome to Home Move.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Property Boards
Buying Property Selling Property Estate Agents Solicitors & Legal Builders & Developments
Property Development Home Improvements Buying Property Abroad

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Important Notice: does not provide professional advice on any aspect of buying, selling, developing or investing property. All posts are provided as lay opinions and not personal professional guidance. You should always seek a qualified professional for professional advice in relation to your personal circumstances. The forums are not monitored, and the site administrators cannot be held liable for the content of the forum. If you have any objection to any post on the forums, please either use the Report Post feature, or else Contact Us to ensure such content is properly dealt with. We are not responsible for third party links on the site.