The UK's independent property information site

Go Back   Home Move: property forum > Property Forums > Property Development

Property Development Discussions about renovation, modernisation, and otherwise developing a property for sale.

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2015, 11:47 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1
Default Moving a kitchen


I've found a pretty big one bed flat I really like the look of, but ideally I need two beds.

The flat in question (a third floor flat in a victorian town house) has a separate living room and decent sized kitchen, and a big bedroom (floor plan attached). My idea is to move the kitchen in to what is now the bedroom and have a combined kitchen / living area. The now-living room would become the master bedroom and the now-kitchen becomes a small second bed.

Is this possible? Am I just looking for the possibility of water in, wastewater out and electricity (the current kitchen has electric oven, so no gas required). The current bedroom is on the back of the building and adjacent to the bathroom. If so, what would I need to look for?

And would building regs be an obstruction?

Many thanks in advance for any advice you can give!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg D Terrace floor plan.jpg (14.7 KB, 1 views)
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Property Boards
Buying Property Selling Property Estate Agents Solicitors & Legal Builders & Developments
Property Development Home Improvements Buying Property Abroad

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Important Notice: does not provide professional advice on any aspect of buying, selling, developing or investing property. All posts are provided as lay opinions and not personal professional guidance. You should always seek a qualified professional for professional advice in relation to your personal circumstances. The forums are not monitored, and the site administrators cannot be held liable for the content of the forum. If you have any objection to any post on the forums, please either use the Report Post feature, or else Contact Us to ensure such content is properly dealt with. We are not responsible for third party links on the site.