The UK's independent property information site

Go Back   Home Move: property forum > Property Forums > Buying Property

Buying Property Discussions about buying a house, such as flats, detached homes, and other housing.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2017, 05:26 PM

Default Moving away from home with very little

Hey people.... me and my fiancÚ would like to move away from Birmingham (uk) to live by the coast ...... we've both recently turned 30 and we really want to try for children...... we're both living at home at the moment saving for a mortgage .... we would like to move and rent while looking for jobs and then maybe get a mortgage with the money we have saved.... but while doing all this we are desperate to hav children.......... has anybody done something similar? Are we going about it the wrong way? Please be brutally honest as I would like to hear bout all your stories ..... advise..... pros or cons ....... thanks for your time
Old 27-01-2017, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Moving away from home with very little

No it's not a terrible idea at all! If you are in a stable position to do both then it's doable. Have you looked at the possibility of shared ownership? May take the stress off saving for a mortgage as you are in a way doing both at the same time?

To be honest no matter what you do, I think if you can see yourself being financially stable it should not be too much of an issue
Old 06-02-2017, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Moving away from home with very little

I think it's a very good decision rather than rent an apartment.

Tags
advice, experience, leaving family, moving area, new home buyers