The UK's independent property information site

Go Back   Home Move: property forum > Property Forums > Property Development

Property Development Discussions about renovation, modernisation, and otherwise developing a property for sale.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2015, 04:35 PM

Default Property development partner wanted in Bristol area

Hi,

I am looking for a property development partner in the Bristol area for mid and high-end new builds and refurbishments.

Iím a mechanical engineer in my professional capacity but Iíve had quite a bit of experience with property development since a young age. In the last 5 years Iíve completed a Victorian renovation and a contemporary self-build, both yielding good profits despite the recession. Iím currently helping a good friend of mine build a stunning Cotswold stone home and have been active with my fatherís barn renovation in recent years as well as a multitude of smaller projects. There are few trades I canít turn my hand to, including architects drawings, calculations and planning applications, through to groundworks, super structure and with a particularly fine eye for the finishing trades. I use tradesmen where it makes economical sense or for significant time savings but am always comfortable knowing I could do the job myself if I had to. Iím highly motivated, organised and with an eye for detail and quality. My recent new build was completed in 7months from breaking the ground to moving in with myself doing 80% of the trades and came in at build cost of £680/m2 for a mid-spec finish, all at the same time as working 40hrs/week as an aerospace engineer.

Iím looking to continue with another new build (preferably) or a major renovation/barn conversion. I have £40k to invest and access to another £160k of borrowing which often puts me just short of the really profitable projects in this rising market around the Bristol area. Iím not interested in the low-end developments which are typically very competitive and yield very low returns. I am looking at land in the £150k - £200k range with build costs in the same range and generally ignore projects which have total costs greater than 2/3rds of the final sale price, i.e. for a total investment of £300k I want to see a projected final valuation of around £450k. Several plots which adhere to this model have been on the market over the last year. Up till now Iíve used residential self-build mortgages and taken advantage of the tax benefits while developing as a primary residence but there are several options open to a partnership.

Iím looking for a partner who can match my level of investment either through cash or similar borrowing levels to me and shares a passion for building high quality and desirable housing in stunning locations. Iím interested in any level of involvement from a sleeping partner through to someone who brings something to the table in the form of management, trades or just hard graft. In return Iíd hope to offer significant returns on an equal profit share basis. Financial investment is the key here as I already poses all of the skills required in building a house but obviously any other contribution to the partnership will be a distinct bonus.

Iím passionate about quality housing projects and aiming to turn my hobby into something more in the long term. If you are interested in discussing this more then drop me a PM, reply here or email kai (dot) wheeler (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk

Regards,

Kai
Old 04-10-2015, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Property development partner wanted in Bristol area

Hi Kai

have sent you a pm