The UK's independent property information site

Go Back   Home Move: property forum > Property Forums > Builders and Developments

Builders and Developments Discussions, info, and help about house builders, property developers, and building development.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2010, 09:02 PM

Default Single store wood house need planning?

We are look for some advice on a build.

My mother owns 10 acres of land and is happy for us to have half a acre to build a house on. When we looked into it we found out the land was greenbelt so Daventry county council wouldn't consider it.

We wanted to build a 1 and a half story timber frame house, timber cladded. We want to do it the whole eco way. Solar panels, eco sewage, superwall/floor/roof insulation etc.

After we got knocked back, someone mentioned to me that you can build a single story house, as long as it sits on concrete pillars (ie to footings) with out planning permission.

I'm sure there is a lot more to it then that, or possibly its a load of rubbish but i don't know how you find this out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Single store wood house need planning?

try contacting green councils and committees - im sure ive heard of instances where exceptions have been made for eco homes...
Old 24-04-2011, 04:26 PM

I believe there some exemptions if the building is under a certain size and/or is officially mobile
Old 17-05-2011, 08:56 PM

My advice would be to go down the log cabin route, you can build a small house and class it as a log cabin and bypass some of the planning laws. Any timber structure is deemed not permanent therefore doesn't need planning permission, but there are some exceptions with stuff like roof hight and the distance from other buildings and boundries. I'd get in touch with Daventry council again and ask for the regs on log cabins.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:13 AM
Property Forums

If you want to build a new house then you should build a house according to new and latest trend and fashion.I suggest you that you should hire a professional constructing team which provide you excellent constructing services according to your need and your budget, They also provide you useful suggestion and advises...
Old 07-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Property Forums

Different people have different ideas about what is cheap and what is expensive. One of the cheapest types of dog houses to consider is the igloo house. These homes feature construction foam and insulation to keep temperatures moderate. They require no assembly and keep rain out with a slanted lip design.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:23 PM

You can search online. There are many more who can build your dream house.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:30 PM

You should try the green house for that region. I think you have some really great advantage of having so much land. I guess you can try some modern log cabins. The benefit will be awesome (bills, warm, etc). The solar panels idea it's awesome especially because you can save after a lot of energy. That's actually a passive house...